Thursday, May 21, 2015

Old Fashioned Pen Pals for a Modern World

I was just thinking about how no one writes letters anymore.  I have a couple of friends who live across the country and I don't even send them letters.  My best friend in the world lives almost 800 miles away and I shoot her e-mails when I could be sending her real live mail!

So why not have Emily (and Jennah my graduate) for that matter find a pen pal or two?  Maybe even one in another country?  Emily can certainly use the writing skills and who doesn't need a new friend?



Here are a few resources:

Homeschool Association for Military Families:  Civilian kids welcome too!  

This is a free program for homeschool kids ages 5-17.  You can choose to make a $5+ donation and you will receive a Pen Pal Starter Kit in the mail.  

The Student Letter Exchange has been around for 75 years.  You have to choose a minimum of 4 pen pals @ $1.25 each.  You select the country and the age of the pen pal.  






And what about you?  Do you want a snail mail pen pal for yourself?  Here is a site for adults to seek out someone to write to:  Old Fashioned Snail Mail Pen Pals 

Do you have any sites that you'd like to add?  Leave them in the comments! 




No comments:

Post a Comment