Sunday, June 7, 2015

Weekly Home Wrap Up for June 6, 2015




OUR WEEK:  
Things went pretty smoothly this week.  Lots of history, biology, geography, literature, grammar, etc etc.  Not too much excitement though.  I've been reading a lot about "delight-directed homeschooling", which made me think that I need to get Emily excited about something.  She is very interested in astronomy, but she is not taking that class until next year.  HOWEVER, I've decided to do a one-week, in-depth unit study for astronomy!  We're going to ditch all other subjects for one week and everything will be astronomy related.  I will post this as it comes together.  I plan to do this the last week in June.  

Emily also finished the first week of her reading club through the Homeschool Association for American Military Families.  (Also open to civilians like us!) Pre-K through 12th grade.  






ON THE HOMEFRONT: 
Still suffering with sciatica :(  Still can't find my camera :( T

I took the girls out for Slurpees the other day!  I even had one myself!  I brought them to 5-below to each pick out a little something from mom and then took them out for dinner! ( I also found a really nice learn-how-to-draw-type book for $3.50!  It will fit right in with art lessons.) This is a rare occurrence in our home, being a single mom I generally can't afford many outings - so this was a nice change! 




WHAT I'M READING AND/OR WRITING: 
I've been reading a lot of dystopian fiction this week.  Not sure why.  If you want to see an in-depth post of what I've been reading and books I'm wishing for, you can see this post on my other blog! 


LINKS/POSTS/TWEETS/PINS TO SHARE:  

Some great stuff this week! 

From Tina's Dynamic Homeschool Plus:  Free Middle & HS Homeschool Language Arts.  These are amazing workbooks!  I'm so excited to have found the post today.  I will be printing out grammar sheets, etc for extra practice.  



SAS Curriculum Pathways:  Free curriculum for 6th-12th grades!  I am really amazed with all I found there.  There are single lessons that last from 60-90 minutes (I tried one out last night and it only took me 10 minutes- but then again I already knew about Christopher Columbus *smile*) This is just another wonderful free resource to either incorporate into your curriculum or use on its own! 

Discovery Education:  Free for the summer!  Streaming educational videos.  

2 comments:

  1. We always try to squeeze in a bit of delight learning as well, which all five of mine enjoy. I hope your astronomy week holds much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always try to squeeze in a bit of delight learning as well, which all five of mine enjoy. I hope your astronomy week holds much joy!

    ReplyDelete